Author Topic: Delta Milwaukee Rockwell Table Saw Jointer Yard Sale Payday  (Read 12433 times)

Offline kxxr

Saved this table saw from a yard sale today. Got it for $25.

There will be 'after' pictures. Yay!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 05:29:40 PM by kxxr »

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
Re: Delta Milwaukee Rockwell Table Saw Jointer Yard Sale Payday
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 03:27:51 PM »
That is a great score!
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline fliffy42

• Contributor
  • Leominster Massachusetts
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 04:08:48 PM »
Excellent!!! I have my eye on a combo like that that includes a drill press & disc sander. Dollars are short at the moment though. It is only $150 but bought a passel of planes last week and Karen aint in the mood for my spending on frivolous items (sometimes its easier being single).
Looking for Bluepoint X & XD Series Box Wrenches

lzenglish

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 05:04:19 PM »
That is a real bullet proof beauty! How old is it? Any model numbers, etc.? Nice Find, Nice Price!

Wayne

Offline kxxr

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 08:08:47 PM »
 Thanks all. I haven't had much time to research yet. I did find a couple of likely model numbers on one of the wood workers forums (http://www.old-woodworking-tools.net/delta-homecraft-tools.html) and also on the vintage machinery forum, but I haven't found a model number on the saw yet. The saw, stand and jointer were sold separately it sounds like. I think the very first ones rolled off the line in 1949, so it can't be older than that. The models (among many others) they list are these:
Delta Homecraft 8" Table Saw/4" Jointer Combo
Delta Homecraft 9" Table Saw/4" Jointer Combo Model No. 34-640
Deltashop Complete Model No. 34-631
Delta Homecraft 8" Tilting Table Saw/4" Jointer Combo Model No. 37-510
 The exhaust chutes were accessories. The motor is 1/2 horse is about all I remember right now. As I find out more, I'll post back here. The saw serial number is S 225. The jointer has a serial number too but it was too long to commit to memory. I will check it out later. The wood worker forum had some great pictures of what must be a restored one, so I can see how it is supposed to look. It looks like it will be easy to disassemble for cleaning and repaint, which is good as it will be my first old power tool restoration. I'll put up some pictures of my progress.

Offline Uncle Buck

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 07:47:42 AM »
I found and bought the same exact saw a year or so back myself, though not as fancy as yours. I did not score the jointer nor the factory stand, just the saw, and a vitage Craftsman motor.

Offline kxxr

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 12:46:56 PM »
I was surprised to see how many parts and pieces come up on ebay when you search Delta Milwaukee Homecraft and Rockwell and they don't generally ask too much for the smaller parts.
There are a couple of the 4" jointers on there right now for $50 and $100. A bit steep, but I bet they come up cheaper when they don't sell at those prices. There is a cabinet and leg set for it in the completed listings that went for $35, but shipping was another $40.
I was able to find a full set of 13 different pdf manuals, exploded parts drawings and tips and tricks books on the internet for free too. I can't wait to tear it down and reassemble it piece by piece.
There is a lot of information available online about these machines. That should be a big help when it comes time to get it back in operation.

Offline oldtoolman

• oldtoolman.com
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 06:48:44 PM »
I have the same thing on a super sturdy frame with wheels and slide out handles. i have it for sale on my web.  oldtoolman.com
Larry Randall
larry@oldtoolman.com

Offline kxxr

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 07:06:20 PM »
That looks pretty nice. It sounds like it is in original unrestored condition. It looks great! The website old-woodworking-tools.net has a ton of information on the old delta stuff, including manuals and lots of pictures if you are interested. If you could download the manual to your model it might help your sale.
C'mon oldtoolman, you don't know anything about that Skil model 171??