Author Topic: Trade for user tools needed for school  (Read 7849 times)

Offline JessEm

• MinneSNOWta
Re: Trade for user tools needed for school
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2013, 02:31:43 PM »
JessEm, What size drill press vise are you looking for, and how soon do you need it?

I'm in no hurry, mikeswrenches... Not looking for a particular size. Just looking for SOMETHING to use on my drill press sometimes... If it articulated or turned, that would be nice... My ideal DPV would be an older Craftsman to match my drill press, but that's in a perfect world...

Notatoolguy, If it sounds like mikeswrenches and I can work out something for a drill press vice down the road, and you guys can work something out, I'm not opposed to just sending you the clamps ahead of time so you have them...

That would be great, if you two don't mind and I have something that mikes wrenches has it would work out great.

Sounds good. I got the impression from his previous post that you have something he is interested in.

mikeswrenches, please confirm that you have a drill press vise to send me, and let Nota know what you would like for it. ...If/when this is squared away I will send out the clamps. Thanks.

Also, I can probably scrounge up 2 more clamps if you need 10 total? Let me know. ... I will just go on record saying I would prefer not to get a Harbor Freight or similar drill press vise in return... I'm not being picky about what I get, but that's were I draw the line. :)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 12:39:41 AM by JessEm »
Vintage Power Tools WANTED: Porter Cable 500 belt sander, beam saws (circular saws with 10"+ blades) including Mall Saw 120, Skil 127, Makita 5402A & 8190039, B&D, ETC...

Offline oldtools

• Keep OldTools alive by giving them a purpose
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2013, 02:13:02 AM »
What is a "teloscoping depth guage "??  The "telescoping gauge" or (Snap gage) is used for ID/bore readings not depth.. A Depth gage can be Dial indicator, digital, ruler, micrometer, pit, tire, etc. but I don't see any telocoping depth guage. check your list...

One of these below, as in the link.

It sais it needs to measure depths up to 6" I have all the other machinest measuring tools needed but not this one.

http://www.starrett.com/metrology/metrology-products/precision-measuring-tools/hole-slot-gages/Telescoping-Gages#itemsPerPage=24&currentPage=1&displayMode=grid&sortBy=none/asc

OK, but note the link is for "/hole-slot-gages/" still can't figure using it for 6" depth readings. maybe 6" diameter.. but that is what the list calls for, so you need it..
see attached Depth gage for 6" depth...
Aloha!  the OldTool guy
Master Monkey Wrench Scaler

Offline HeelSpur

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2013, 05:26:46 PM »
Here is a couple items to ponder about our earlier chat.
The 6" pliers are Wizard brand, they are pretty tough.

http://www.datamp.org/patents/displayPatent.php?number=24465&typeCode=1
RooK E

Offline johnsironsanctuary

• Contributor
  • Super Contributor and Geezer in training
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2013, 05:41:31 PM »
I've got both hammers set out for you along with a couple of C Clamps. Do you need Pony style pipe clamps?
Top monkey of the monkey wrench clan

Offline OilyRascal

• Contributor
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2013, 07:46:31 PM »
Pliers are boxed, label printed, and ready for the mail tomorrow.
"FORGED IN THE USA" myself.  Be good to your tools!

Garden and Yard Rustfinder Extraordinaire!
http://www.papawswrench.com/vboard/index.php?topic=3717

Offline Nolatoolguy

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2013, 08:12:08 PM »
I've got both hammers set out for you along with a couple of C Clamps. Do you need Pony style pipe clamps?

Pony style pipe clamps are not needed, thank you thoe.

I will send you a pm shortly
And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

Offline Nolatoolguy

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2013, 08:12:33 PM »
Pliers are boxed, label printed, and ready for the mail tomorrow.

Thanks oily, I will send you a message shortly
~Lee Greenwood

Offline Nolatoolguy

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2013, 08:23:06 PM »
JessEm, What size drill press vise are you looking for, and how soon do you need it?

I'm in no hurry, mikeswrenches... Not looking for a particular size. Just looking for SOMETHING to use on my drill press sometimes... If it articulated or turned, that would be nice... My ideal DPV would be an older Craftsman to match my drill press, but that's in a perfect world...

Notatoolguy, If it sounds like mikeswrenches and I can work out something for a drill press vice down the road, and you guys can work something out, I'm not opposed to just sending you the clamps ahead of time so you have them...

That would be great, if you two don't mind and I have something that mikes wrenches has it would work out great.

Sounds good. I got the impression from his previous post that you have something he is interested in.

mikeswrenches, please confirm that you have a drill press vise to send me, and let Nota know what you would like for it. ...If/when this is squared away I will send out the clamps. Thanks.

Also, I can probably scrounge up 2 more clamps if you need 10 total? Let me know. ... I will just go on record saying I would prefer not to get a Harbor Freight or similar drill press vise in return... I'm not being picky about what I get, but that's were I draw the line. :)

I am going to send mikes wrenches a private message and see if we can work something out. If so I will let you know.
~Lee Greenwood

Offline RWalters

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2013, 11:59:17 PM »
Neil,
I have a fillet gauge for you. It's by FibreMetal, measures 1/8 to 1 inch, concave and convex, with metric equivalents. If that will work, send me a pm with your address. Nothing in your trading stock I need right now, but keep me in mind if you bump into any small (1/2 shank or under) end mills or keyway cutters. Don't sweat it though, the gauge was a garage sale pickup and for what welding I do, I'd be better off with one that measured whether the weld was one turkey....uh..dropping or two, so you're welcome to it.

Offline JessEm

• MinneSNOWta
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2013, 07:00:39 PM »
10 Vise Grips went out today, Monday. Thanks again mikeswrenches and Nolatoolguy.
Vintage Power Tools WANTED: Porter Cable 500 belt sander, beam saws (circular saws with 10"+ blades) including Mall Saw 120, Skil 127, Makita 5402A & 8190039, B&D, ETC...

Offline Ken W.

• CONTRIBUTOR
  • Contributor
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2013, 10:12:34 PM »
If you go on the Peterson or Cooper website you can order the Vise Grip springs and screws for free.