Author Topic: Hand Planes  (Read 155867 times)

Downwindtracker2, p_toad and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online Bill Houghton

Re: Hand Planes
« Reply #1095 on: December 04, 2019, 09:04:41 AM »
Thanks for posting that link regarding Defiance planes.......Again!  I noticed you previously posted it back on page 45, reply 663, almost three years ago.
I do seem to be approaching the stage in life when I'd better pick my favorite book, because I'll be able to read it over and over again, and rave to people every time about this new book I found.

Online p_toad

« Reply #1096 on: December 08, 2019, 05:21:42 PM »
Got an Anniversary plane (Defiance from what i've read) in the Restore the other day.   Marked "made in usa" and "anniversary" on the blade, but otherwise, nada.   Pretty decent shape overall.  somewhere i took pictures.   :tongue:

Offline Jim C.

« Reply #1097 on: December 08, 2019, 06:23:07 PM »
Got an Anniversary plane (Defiance from what i've read) in the Restore the other day.   Marked "made in usa" and "anniversary" on the blade, but otherwise, nada.   Pretty decent shape overall.  somewhere i took pictures.   :tongue:

Yes, pictures would be helpful for identification.
Our Go-To Type Study Member

Online Bill Houghton

« Reply #1098 on: December 08, 2019, 08:47:45 PM »
Got an Anniversary plane (Defiance from what i've read) in the Restore the other day.   Marked "made in usa" and "anniversary" on the blade, but otherwise, nada.
That would, I suppose, be an 11th anniversary plane, since 11th anniversaries get steel.  I couldn't find "tools" or "hand tools" listed in the various anniversary gifts by year, although the annual gift designation seems to fall off after year 15, and it becomes every five years; so I suppose you could select a year - say, the 49th year - for hand tools.  51st year for power tools.  Or you could just say every year that wasn't a fifth year, starting with year 15, gets tools.  I'm sure, if we tried this, our brides/lifemates would believe us.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 09:16:43 PM by Bill Houghton »

Online p_toad

« Reply #1099 on: December 09, 2019, 05:36:05 PM »
Found them.   did a partial tear-down and put it all back together.   had to tighten down that tote a bit.