Author Topic: Typewriter Repair Tools?  (Read 1564 times)

Offline amecks

Typewriter Repair Tools?
« on: May 11, 2021, 08:10:56 PM »
While researching the Utica B672 pliers I found an ebay sold lot of typewriter repair tools that included one of these pliers.  Well actually the seller did not know what they were, he only knew the owner repaired typewriters, clocks and pianos (3 lost arts!).  So clocks? Probably not but maybe typewriters or pianos.  When I purchased the pliers I also bought 3 other tools that resemble typewriter tools.
The 3 tools are below the pliers in this photo.  Can anyone verify that these are typewriter or other use?
The guy that sold the tool lot on ebay had a winning bid of $279!  Here's a link to the sale...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/124705814786?hash=item1d090bb902%3Ag%3AUmkAAOSwpnZgjg7p&nma=true&si=nqo7PBo%252B9DepQOEGj0fCfgkCfHE%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Here's a close up of the business ends.

Some close-ups of the pliers.

Al
Jordan, NY

Offline wvtools

• Contributor
Re: Typewriter Repair Tools?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 09:43:11 PM »
The pliers that I bought from a typewrite repairman's estate and sold on Ebay in the early 2000s were mostly the Starrett No. 1 end nippers with specialized jaws, mostly for adjusting key rods.   I could see the Utica pliers you showed being used to adjust the key rods.  Were they any rounded (not sharp) jaws with the end nippers in that lot?

I could see the other 3 being for typewriters too.  The lot I bought had  tools for tweaking and turning things in odd places.

Offline amecks

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 06:19:06 AM »
Unfortunately I did not know to look for any attachments for the Starrett tool.  But I'll be going back there soon and will keep my eyes open.
Al
Jordan, NY

Offline wvtools

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 06:59:28 AM »
They looked just like the regular jaws except that the end were different radius rounded ones.