Author Topic: WTB /Trade looking for Proto  (Read 2465 times)

Offline Tx308

WTB /Trade looking for Proto
« on: August 23, 2013, 08:08:25 AM »
Looking for some Proto pieces. Rather find it here rather than Zoro or eBay.

Prefer no owners marks but it's not a deal breaker.

12 pt. Deep (I have a fondness for lazy S marked Proto but I've never seen an S socket, None of mine are S)

1/4 - 5008
3/8 - 5010
15/16 - 5030
1" - 5032

Lazy S marked regular length 'Professional' wrenches.

1/4 - 1208
3/8 - 1212
7/16 - 1214
3/4 - 1226
7/8 - 1228
15/16 - 1230
And any over 1"

Also interested in any other lazy S Proto wrenches.

I have some USA items available to trade from many different makers. About 100 items, I'll post a list soon. In the meantime if you have something I'm looking for I've got some trading stock just let me know what you're needing.

Thanks for checking out my post! Have a fantastic day.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 11:24:45 AM by Tx308 »
Always looking for Proto lazy S - let me know what ya gots :-) !

If you see anything in my pictures you're interested in and it's not Proto, then it's up for trade.

My wants list - http://www.papawswrench.com/vboard/index.php?topic=9096.0

Offline mikeswrenches

• Contributor
Re: WTB /Trade looking for Proto
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 09:37:10 AM »
I'll bite...what is the lazy S?

Mike
Check out my ETSY store at: OldeTymeTools

Offline Tx308

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 11:05:52 AM »
Hi mike, thanks for asking. I'll post a picture of what I'm talking about when I get home from work.

On some Proto Professional tools at the end of 'professional' there is an S laying on its side (hence why I call them lazy S. The best theory I've found is that this S was added when Stanley bought Proto (possibly because of warranty, no one knows for sure).

Why do want them? I worked in a diesel shop while I was in high school (shop sweeper, helper, gopher, parts chaser) I occasionally needed to borrow tools. The mechanics, naturally being a little touchy about loaning there various truck brand tools got together and bought me a small set of the basics, all Proto and gave it to me for Christmas. I really appreciated the tools but somehow over the last 30 odd years all I had left was about half of the combo wrenches. Now that my life has calmed down significantly I really want to try and put the set back together and expand on it.

If you see anything in my pictures you're interested in and it's not Proto, then it's up for trade.

Offline lbgradwell

• Oakville, ON
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 11:33:29 AM »

Kijiji King

Offline mikeswrenches

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 01:47:41 PM »
Thanks lb, I don't think I've ever noticed that before on Proto tools.  I'm pretty sure my old set( ca 1959-1960) doesn't have that mark. Now another thing to have to look for:-)

Tx308, Great story, seems like you were fortunate to have worked with a great bunch of guys!

Mike
Check out my ETSY store at: OldeTymeTools

Offline Tx308

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 04:37:06 PM »
Thank you  lb.

Yeah mike, really great bunch of guys. Lots of family issues back then and they were like a bunch of brothers. I'll never forget the Snap-on man's Christmas punch they let me get into :-D . But that's a story for a different day.